Last updated on January 20th, 2012 at 12:59 pm
Rekkerd has launched a new music contest! This time, the goal is to create a piece of music which is related to moving.
As I am preparing to relocate my family to a new house this March, the subject of “moving” has been on my mind a lot lately. Moving is about putting things in motion. Besides the obvious physical aspect, there can be quite an emotional side to moving as well. Seemed like a suitable theme for a music production contest.
The participants may use any method to create their entry track, but an optional 47.9MB free sample pack is availble for download on the contest page.
The contest will be open for entries until April 3rd, 11.59pm CET. Visit the contest page for more info and rules! Check out the awesome prize list below.
Rekkerd “Moving” contest prize list:
- Three downloads of your choice from Wave Alchemy, the sound design outfit responsible for some of the best electronic drum sample libraries around.
- DUNE, Synapse Audio‘s new flagship “differential unison engine” synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac. A copy of the slightly older yet still venerable and duly popular Hydra multi-model synth is also on offer.
- $500 USD store credit at Soniccouture, the established company behind many unusual & unique sample libraries such as Glass Works, The Skiddaw Stones, Balinese Gamelan, (Xtended) Piano, and the upcoming Ondes Martenot.
- Berlin-based Cableguys contributes a total of 4 prizes from its exciting line of audio plug-ins. Single licenses for Curve, FilterShaper 2 & VolumeShaper 2, plus the complete Cableguys Bundle.
- A two year all-inclusive subscription account at DNR Collaborative, which gives access to the entire product catalog + 2 years worth of new products. On top of that three randomly picked contestants will receive a Transitions Bundle.