Our free soundware round-up series is back with one of the largest lists of free audio loops and samples to date. Some of the highlights include high-quality vocal samples, a sampled grand piano in SFZ format, and a huge collection of drum machine sounds.
Check out the best soundware freebies for January/February 2017 below and we’ll see you again next month!
Free Samples & Loops
- Loopmasters are giving away the Triad Sounds Laber Sampler which contains 282 MB of royalty-free sample content (available for commercial use). A £1 fee is applied to each download to cover the bandwidth costs. Loopmasters are also giving away the Free Ableton Live Chords Rack by Rob Jones and the CAPSUN ProAudio Label Sampler.
- Expanding Sound has released ARP Odyssey Ableton Instrument Free Pack, a free collection of sounds from the commercial version of the library which is on sale for just $5 until February 10th.
- Rekkerd is giving away the New Loops Label Sampler featuring over 700 MB worth of audio loops and samples.
- Producer Hustle is offering the Urban Taste Drums sample library by Red Sounds as a free download for a limited time only.
- Rossignol-Studio has released Bouche à beat and Sifflo, two interesting free sound libraries for Native Instruments Kontakt. Both libraries are based on sounds produced by the human mouth.
- Michael Picher is giving away The Shrine Piano, a free grand piano sample collection in SFZ format.
- If you want more piano, check out the free Pianowa sound library by Autodafe. It’s based on the free University of Iowa samples that were converted for use with NI Kontakt.
- Monad Moon has introduced Ethereal Vocals – Vol. 3, the third addition to her excellent series of free vocal packs. A SoundCloud user account is required in order to download the freebie.
- DJ Pain 1 has released the free Damn That Dirt sample pack aimed at hip hop producers. For more DJ Pain 1 stuff, check out his free Drum Fills Pack that was released a while ago on our website.
- pATCHES has introduced Egg Shaker Loops, a free collection of… you guessed it, egg shaker loops. The loops were recorded with a Neumann U89 large-diaphragm condenser microphone in an acoustically treated studio.
- Mayo Stacatto has released Vinyl Box, a free (public domain) collection of vinyl scratches and vinyl SFX samples.
- Touch Loops has released 300 Free Dusty Driven One Shots, a superb collection of drum machine samples processed with high-end analog gear. A valid email address is required to get the download link.
- Speaking of drum machine sounds, you should also check out kit 001 by Eraser Face. It contains a huge selection of sounds from 68 different drum machines.
- Beat Magazine is giving away a set of free Arturia DrumBrute Samples for the Geist Lite virtual instrument (includes free Geist Lite license). Thanks to Paree Katti for the info!
- Rast Sound has announced the release of Snow Bells, a collection of bell samples for NI Kontakt. Valid email address required.
- Loopersound has released a free sound library titled Tropical Melodies on their SoundCloud page.
- VSTOFF has released Flipper Mania, a free collection of pinball sounds. Awesome!
- Reveal Sound has released a huge free sound library called Rewind 2016. It features a set of one shot drum hits, MIDI files, and presets for NI Massive, XferRecords Serum, and Reveal Sound Spire.
- Seaweed Factory is offering Roland JX3P – String & Pads Sample Pack, a free collection of Roland JX3P analog synthesizer samples (search their website for even more JX3P sounds).
- Ghosthack has released Free Vocal Kit II, a free vocal sound library in WAV format.
- Lucid Samples has released Free Vocals, a free collection featuring 60 vocal samples and loops for DJs and live performances.
- The Alpine Project has released Alpine Bassoon, a free bassoon sample library for NI Kontakt.
Free Sound Banks
- Krezie Sounds is offering Qyooology, a free sound bank for The Qyooo virtual synthesizer by Full Bucket Music. Valid email address required to download.
- Paree Katti Music has released 26 Free Presets for HY-Mono, a free sound bank for the excellent HY-Mono virtual instrument. You’ll find plenty more free soundbanks on their website.
- Daniel Stawczyk has introduced Stamina, a free sound bank for the OB-Xd virtual synthesizer (new version by discoDSP).