NRR1 is another edition in a series of high quality freeware guitar amp sims brought to us by the members of Guitar Amp Modelling forum.
The plugin is released by Ignite Amps, it was fully coded in C++ and spent 11 months in development. Its concept is loosely based on a Soldano X88R guitar amp, although NRR1 has some unique features and is not meant to be an emulation.
The rear GUI panel offers master volume controls and oversampling settings (up to 8x). An alternative version of the plugin without SSE support is available for users with slower machines. It is important not to keep both versions installed at the same time to avoid plugin recognition problems within your VST host.
Here is a short audio demo made by andy456:
Main features of NRR1:
- Dynamic 12AX7 / ECC83 coupled triode stages analog modeling
- Three channels: clean, rhythm and lead, each with fully separated controls
- Selectable Mono / Stereo processing support
- Selectable oversampling rate (up to 8x)
- Global input / output level controls
- Double precision floating point operations support
- Fully automatable controls