Torpedo PI-FREE is a freeware virtual channel strip plugin available both for Windows and Mac. It is based on the commercial Torpedo PI-101 released by the same development team, but with some limitations.
Here’s more info:
Torpedo PI-FREE is a channel strip plug-in based on Two Notes’ flagship model, Torpedo PI-101, but only features 1 model of power amp simulation (EL34 / AB class), 1 speaker cab (based on a Marshall 4×12) and 1 type of microphone (based on a Shure SM57). And you still have the full Post FX section.
Of course, the PI-FREE plug-in features the unique Torpedo algorithm, originally found on Two Notes’ VB-101 unit, that allows you to virtually move the microphone in front of the speaker cabinet (as you would in a real recording room) and to simulate the sound of a hard driven speaker.
Seems interesting, let’s hope it sounds good too.
Main features of Torpedo PI-FREE:
- Power amp simulation (EL34 / AB class).
- Miking section: 1 Marshall 4×12 cab. 1 Shure SM57.
- Advanced algorithm based on convolution processing.
- Post FX section to shape your sound, including: lo-cut, 5 band EQ, Exciter and compressor.
- Low latency processing.
- Customize the GUI to show only the tools you use.