Tokyo Dawn Labs has released a beta version of TDR Feedback Compressor, their upcoming freeware compressor in VST plugin format for Windows.
A carefully designed RMS-based feed-back dynamics compressor. The processor is dedicated to sum/bus compression and operates very smoothly – even under difficult conditions. The plug-in is the result of an intensive study about the musical behaviour of “classic” feed-back compressor designs. However, it has conceptually nothing in common with “pseudo analogue”, “vintage” or similar buzz words. This is a proud digital processor, made with lots of love and care. :)
TDR Feedback Compressor (Beta) is available for free download via Tokyo Dawn Labs.
Main features of TDR Feedback Compressor:
- Typical “Feed-Back Compression” sound and behaviour.
- All relevant calculations are done at 64bit precision.
- Bit-transparent differential oversampling structure.
- Internal re-sampling via high quality linear phase filters.
- Advanced stereo-linking.
- Adaptive integration time RMS detector.
- Freely adjustable compression knee.
- Blend between the original and compressed signal.
- Optional side-chain HP filter.
- Optional low and high frequency saturation.
- Optional velocity-based auto-release.
- Latency compensated parallel bypass.