Kazrog LLC has announced that their Thermionik Serpent virtual guitar amplifier (VST/AU/AAX plugin formats for PC and Mac), a detailed emulation of the Framus Cobra guitar amp, is available as a free download for a limited time only.
The Serpent is one of the five guitar amp models that are included in the Thermionik Modern Classics I ($27.99) bundle by Kazrog. Based on the Framus Cobra amplifier, it is a virtual tube guitar amp that any metal guitarist/producer should check out.
The amp features three channels (Clean, Crunch, and Lead), three tone controls, presence and depth knobs, a normal/bright switch, a notch filter switch, as well as saturation and output volume controls. It also includes a built-in preset manager and a set of factory presets. The Serpent works great for high-gain tones used in metal music, but the clean channel is capable of delivering some pretty lush sounding clean tones as well. Keep in mind that you’ll need to pair the Serpent with a decent guitar cabinet simulator in order to get the right tones in the box. Kazrog recommends their own Recabinet 5 ($9.99) plugin, although it is possible to use any other guitar cabinet emulator on the market.
Kazrog hasn’t stated when exactly the free download offer on Thermionik Serpent will expire, but it is clear that this is a time-limited freebie. Here’s what you’ll need to do in order to download the plugin for free before the offer expires:
- Create your Kazrog user account and sign in (registration is free, valid email address required).
- Add the Serpent to your shopping cart (the price is automatically reduced to $0).
- Complete the checkout process and check if the Serpent is now available in your user area.
- Download the latest Kazrog Complete installer, and install Serpent (along with any other plugins you own or want to try).
- Follow the instructions in the Thermionik manual to authorize your copy of the plugin (you’ll need to enter your username and password when launching the plugin for the first time).
Make sure to follow the instructions above carefully and you’ll grab your free copy of Thermionik Serpent in a matter of minutes. The only (minor) bummer is the fact that you’ll need to download the full Thermionik Modern Classics I installer, even if you’re only installing the Serpent amp. I’ve linked to the giveaway page below as well, just in case the instructions happen to change in the meanwhile. You can also check out the official audio demo on the page linked below.
Thermionik Serpent is available for free download via Kazrog LLC (23 MB download size, EXE installer, VST/AU/AAX plug-in formats for Windows & Mac OS).