Sonitex STX-1260, a powerful sound coloration unit developed by Tone Projects, has been updated to v1.6 and will be available on a $20-off sale until March 21st, 2011.
Sonitex is the ultimate Lo-Fi workstation. It offers a complete suite of processing dedicated to adding texture to digital audio. Sonitex allows you to bring the gritty vibe from vinyl records and vintage hardware samplers into your modern DAW environment.
The new version introduces a global dry/wet control knob, and fixes a crash in Sony Acid & Vegas.
The plugin can currently be purchased for $54 ($74 after March 21st) in the Tone Projects shop. A fully functional 30-day trial version is available for download on this page.
For a full review of Sonitex STX-1260, click here.
Main features of Sonitex STX-1260:
- Dynamic processing to add initial punch and density.
- Mid/Side stereo adjustments.
- Distortion with pre-emphasis circuit and dry/wet control.
- 5 Distortion types (Saturation, Distortion, Amplifier, Digital 1 + 2).
- Flexible distortion pre-filter.
- Vinyl pitch instability with multiple warp shapes, and speed control (syncable).
- Sibilance processing to emulate high frequency distortion on vinyl playback.
- Overall bandwidth control with separate high & low frequency roll-off and “bump” control.
- Additional processing to mimic vinyl groove wear and the “phone”-sound on early systems.
- Flexible control over density, level and stereo spread on both vinyl “pops” and “clicks”.
- Optional program dependant density for pops and clicks.
- 25 noise types ranging from vinyl noise and tape hiss to mechanical noises.
- Option to load custom wav files with noise or other sounds. (syncable).
- Adjustable gate (with syncable delay) on noise channel allows many ways to integrate noise.
- Flexible sampling section allows emulation of many types of sampler configurations.
- Bit-depth reduction and 3 types of samplerate reductions (with adjustable antialiasing filter).
- Dynamic lowpass filter section.
- Adjustable built-in compressor on output.
- Modulation system allowing mixed LFO & Envelope Follower modulation for selected parameters.
- Midi Learn on selected parameters.
- 3 internal routing configurations.
- Intelligent design to reduce CPU on disabled sections.
- “Subsets” offers 6 fixed sub-presets on each page to allow fast workflow when experimenting.
- Broad selection of categorized presets.