IK Multimedia has unveiled the forthcoming AmpliTube 5 Custom Shop, a freeware guitar amplifier simulation suite. The company will also release upgraded AmpliTube 5 SE ($99.99 intro price), AmpliTube 5 ($149.99 intro price), and AmpliTube 5 MAX ($299.99 intro price) versions of the software.
AmpliTube 5 brings new features and improvements across the board. IK Multimedia seems to have put a lot of effort into enhancing the user interface design and the Custom Shop workflow.
Another improvement in the forthcoming AmpliTube 5 software is in the cabinet simulation department. The new “Volumetric Impulse Response” technology updates all cabinets in AmpliTube 5 with over 143,000 impulse response measurements for added precision.
Here’s the full list of highlights in AmpliTube 5:
- New signal chain and routing: The new drag-and-drop drop signal chain supports up to 57 simultaneous models in series and parallel routing.
- Cabinet section with VIR™ technology: The new “Volumetric Impulse Response” technology is used for cabinet simulation.
- Custom IR loader: Load custom impulse responses.
- New mixer with built-in effects: AmpliTube 5 features an improved mixer with 19 new mixing effects, including some T-RackS 5 effects.
- New gear: The new version of AmpliTube adds 129 new gear models, including two pedals, five amplifiers, 19 rack effects, two rooms, and over 100 cabinets.
- Re-designed Custom Shop: The new Custom Shop features a modern and easy-to-navigate user interface.
AmpliTube 5 is expected for release in the fourth quarter of 2020. Customers can pre-order the paid versions of AmpliTube 5 or sign up to be informed by email when the free AmpliTube 5 Custom Sho is released.
Customers who purchase AmpliTube 4 (either standalone or as part of an IK hardware package) after October 15th will automatically receive an AmpliTube 5 SE upgrade.
As expected from an AmpliTube product, the new AmpliTube 5 will cover the entire guitar signal chain. It includes guitar pedals, virtual amplifiers, cabinets, speakers, microphones, and rack effects that can be freely combined and routed.
AmpliTube 5 will work as a VST, Audio Unit, and AAX plugin in all compatible digital audio workstation software on Windows and macOS.
More info: AmpliTube 5 (expected for release in Q4 2020)