In this latest addition to our VST Plugin Directory, I’ve tried covering the best freeware parametric equalizer VST plugins. In case your favorite free parametric EQ isn’t included in the list, please suggest it in the comments section below.
Note that there is a separate article covering freeware graphic equalizer VST plugins. If you’d like to learn more about different types of equalizers check out this great article by Ethan Winer. And here’s my favorite tutorial covering the subject of equalization in digital audio. OK, on to the freebies now!
Follow the links for more info:
- AQ1 by Audiocation Audio Akademie (Windows)
- BootEQ mkII by Variety Of Sound (Windows)
- ColourEQ by DDMF (Mac, Windows)
- Dust Equalizer by Signaldust (Windows)
- EasyQ by rs-met (Windows)
- Electri-Q (posihfopit edition) by AiXcoustic Creations (Windows)
Equilibre by AudioTeknikk (Windows)// No longer available!
- Fnequalizer by Oceanturtle (Windows)
- free Queue by VESCO|FX (Mac, Windows)
- Gloria by 1982art (Windows)
- IIEQ by DDMF (Windows)
- MEqualizer by MeldaProduction (Mac, Windows)
- N6 Paragraphic Equalizer by RAZ Audio (Windows)
- NCL Phase EQ by Matthew Lindsay (Windows)
- NyquistEq by Magnus (Mac, Windows)
- Paris EQ by Matt Creig (Windows)
- PQ33 by J1000 (Windows)
- PTEq-1a by Ignite Amps (Mac, Windows)
- PushTec 5+1A by leftoverlasagne (Windows)
- ReaEQ by Cockos (Windows)
- SlickEQ by TDR/VOS (Mac, Windows)
- SonEQ by Sonimus (Mac, Windows)
My favorite three picks from the list would be SonEQ for creative purposes, ReaEQ for high precision tasks, and EasyQ for all-around use. I also like BootEQ a lot, it’s great for coloring, and IIEQ which is another fantastic plugin and slowly becoming my next go-to EQ.
Hopefully, you’ve enjoyed the article and added some useful new EQ plugins for your home studio. Leave your thoughts in the comments section below and support BPB by sharing links to this article on your blog, social networks, or your favorite forums. Happy mixing!