This time on bpb Freeware Studio, we’ll be covering the best freeware phaser VST/AU plugins available for Windows and Mac users.
Follow the links for screenshots & download info:
- Bass Phaser by Clone Ensemble (Windows)
- Classic Phaser by Kjaerhus (Windows)
- LionPhaser by Sonic Lion (Windows)
- NXTPhase by fxPointAudio (Windows)
- Oberheim PS-1 by SimulAnalog (Windows)
- Phase90 by Antti (Windows)
- Phazor by Adam Szabo (Windows)
- Sanford Phaser by Leslie Sanford (Windows)
- SupaPhaser by Bram (Mac, Windows)
- TAL-Phaser by Togu Audio Line (Mac, Windows)
- UltraPhazer by Virtual Creations (Mac, Windows)
- XPHASER by WOK (Windows)
Phase90 is my favorite freeware phaser VST plugin. It’s an emulation of the MXR Phase 90 guitar pedal, fairly easy to use and sounds perfect.
SupaPhaser and UltraPhazer are also great sounding phaser VSTs, for more advanced users who require more tweakability.
You can’t go wrong with Classic Phaser either, it’s part of the Kjaerhus Classic series which means solid sound and low CPU demands.
Oberheim PS-1 is another emulation of a guitar pedal, featured in the SimulAnalog freeware guitar suite.
XPHASER is an interesting dual phaser design, with a lovely vintage sound.
As always, feel free to suggest your own favorite freeware phaser VST plugin in the comments section below, or discuss the ones already listed. Many thanks to BPB reader bmovie for suggesting Sanford Phaser!