After making a list of the best freeware spectrums analyzers, the next logical step was to find and list the best freeware oscilloscope plugins in VST/AU format.
Follow the links for screenshots & download info:
- Dust Analyzer by Signaldust (Windows)
- FREE Oscilloscope by Progress Audio (Windows)
- J-Scope by Kryptonaut (Windows)
- Open Scope by Synth School (Windows)
- Oszillos-Mega-Scope by betabugs (Mac, Windows)
- MOscilloscope by MeldaProduction (Mac, Windows)
- Oscarizor by Sugar Audio (Mac, Windows)
- Signal Analyzer by Robin Schmidt (Windows)
- s(M)exoscope by [email protected] (Mac, Windows)
- Spectrum Analyzer & Oscilloscope by Hotto Engineering (Mac)
My favorite VST plugin in this category
is used to be Oszillos-Mega-Scope, without any doubt. It’s BPM-synced, supports multiple inputs, works both on Windows and Mac, has a resizeable GUI, it’s free… simply put, the perfect oscilloscope VST. The plugin is still (officially) free to download, but you’ll need to join the beta program first.
At the moment, the best pick for all platforms (32-bit and 64-bit on both Windows and Mac OS) seems to be MOscilloscope (thanks to our reader Huib for the suggestion!), shortly followed by Oscarizor. If you’re on 32-bit Windows, though, s(M)exoscope is still the undisputed champion of freeware oscilloscope plugins.
And, as always, if you happen to notice that I’ve missed listing a good oscilloscope VST in the list above, please feel free to post your suggestions and tips in the comments section. Thanks for the support!
Two great options would be:
“Psyscope” from FX23
“occularScope” from Bom Shanka Machines
this one you have to subscribe to the Newsletter
Thanks for the tips! The article will be updated soon.