Hideaway Studio has released some quite original free NI Kontakt instruments in the past few years – these lovely instruments are now all collected and hosted in one place with kind permission of the author.
Here’s a bit of insight into the unique process used to create these instruments, aka discrete tube synthesis:
For the past two years I’ve been madly following the steps of early EM pioneers such as Delia Derbyshire and Daphne Oram and developed a number of techniques to make unique sampled instruments using nothing but old tube test gear and DIY tube circuits to build up new instruments note by note, layer by layer…
It’s a heck of a lot of hard work but the results are sometimes eye-watering especially when you consider that no synths whatsoever have been used to make these sounds. The result is something far more organic in nature.
Follow the links below to download the instruments:
Apart from the discrete tube synthesis instruments listed above, Hideaway Studio has also created a number of instruments which feature the sounds of various vintage synthesizers and samplers:
- Akai VX-90 Enceladus (more info)
- Emulator II Bosendorfer Piano (more info)
- Emulator II Liquid Stacks (more info)
- Emulator II Marcato Strings (more info)
- Fairlight Series II Choral 5 (more info)
- SCI Prophet 2002 Preset 3 Guitar (more info)
- Minimoog Twang Bass (more info)
- Triple Osc Poly Brass (more info)
- Tube EQ’d Heart Strings (more info)
- Tube EQ’d Minimoog Arped Harp II (more info)
- Godfather Strings (more info)
- Underwurlde (more info)
Many thanks to D.A.Wilson of Hideaway Studio for offering these awesome sound libraries to all of us free of charge. Have fun playing with them and use them to create some awesome and original music!