LoudMax is a freeware transparent brickwall limiter VST with automated release time, developed by Thomas Mundt.
This new version of the plugin brings Mac compatibility and several algorithm improvements.
In case you haven’t tried it before, LoudMax performs really well at high compression settings, and it’s basically my go-to limiter for simpler tasks. Certainly worth a try if you’re looking for a freeware limiter VST.
What’s new in v1.09:
- LoudMax VST Plugin ported to Mac OS X. Audio Unit version implemented using Symbiosis from NuEdge Development. Support for Intel Mac and Power PC.
- Winamp Plugin now supports 5.1 Surround. Built-in stereo overdrive protection to avoid distortions in a subsequent stereo downmix.
- Improved limiter algorithm. Transients will remain better.
- Improved release curve at high compression levels for an accurate sound and less artifacts.
Main features of LoudMax:
- Supported Samplerates: 2kHz – 384kHz
- Latency, Look-Ahead and Attack Time: 1.25ms
- Release Time: Automatic – depending on the input signal
- Possible Overdrive without audible distortion: 740dB
- Low CPU usage
Download LoudMax: click here