Filters and delays are my favorite effects to play around with, so this edition of bpb Freeware Studio was a rather easy one to write.
Follow the links for screenshots & download info:
- Atlantis Filter Delay by Jeremy Evers (Windows)
- BiFilter by Tone2 (Windows)
- bx_cleansweep V2 by Brainworx (Mac, Windows)
- Classic Auto-Filter by Kjaerhus (Windows)
- D-Pole by Waldorf (Windows)
- FilterGrizzly LITE by CFA Sound (Windows)
- Filterizer by Analog Industries (Mac, Windows)
- Flexfilterbank2 by WOK (Windows)
- Frohmage by Ohm Force (Mac, Windows)
- Naive LPF by Admiral Quality (Windows)
- Nebula3 Free Bundle by Acustica Audio (Windows)
- Niveau Filter by Elysia (Mac, Windows)
- NorthPole by Prosoniq (Mac, Windows)
- Oligarc Filter by schwa (Mac, Windows)
- QB Filter by Studio Quadbyte (Mac, Windows)
- Rubberfilter by Christian Budde (Windows)
- SVF2 by Betabugs Audio (Windows)
- TAL-Filter-2 by Togu Audio Line (Mac, Windows)
Classic Auto-Filter is part of the well-known Kjaerhus freeware bundle. It features a built-in LFO and envelope follower, but I like it because the actual filter sounds very juicy and works great for build-ups, filter sweeps and such.
Frohmage is a much praised multi-band resonant filter with a highly resonant LPF and up to 15 additional bands and a distortion stage.
BiFilter features an arsenal of different filter types, including formant filters, comb filters, Moog filters, as well as distortion, saturation, etc.
Atlantis Filter Delay is a very powerful filter module with some very interesting filter types (including the Commodore 64 SID filter), LFOs, delay line, etc.
TAL-Filter-2 is a nice sounding filter with a built-in waveform editor, similar to the one found in FilterShaper 2 by Cableguys.
Niveau Filter and bx_cleansweep V2 are very good transparent filters, great tools for cleaning up the sub bass area or extreme highs on individual tracks. A video demonstration of the Niveau Filter by JamesAndrewMuir is embedded below.
Rubberfilter is a butterworth filter, with an extreme slope range of up to 384 dB/Oct. Such extreme slopes often produce artifacts like zips and sweeps, but this can work great when used creatively.
Nebula3 Free includes several awesome sounding hardware filter models. It introduces latency which can be a pain, but those filters sounds so good that it’s worth the trouble.
NorthPole is a very old plugin, the latest version only works on Mac, but an old PC version is also available for download here.
That’s all for to day, feel free to leave comments, suggest more VSTs, suggest a topic for the next bpb Freeware Studio article, etc.Share This! ♥ :